About Raw Food
There are many benefits to feeding raw, here are some highlights:
- Overweight dogs often lose weight and gain muscle
- Some dogs stop exhibiting allergic reactions, some even become symptom free
- Dogs can have increased energy
- Puppies grow at an appropriate rate, build muscle and bone
- No tartar build-up, fresher breath
- Much shinier, healthier, lustrous coats
- Better stools, smaller, firmer
- Picky eaters love the taste and eat their meal as soon as it’s put down
- Overall better health (less vet bills!)
Dogs with adult teeth can eat Longevity Raw Dog Food frozen. However, unless you are feeding outdoors, in a crate, or another self-enclosed area, you may wish to feed slightly thawed so as not to create mess.
Puppies should eat their food thawed out. Longevity Raw Dog Food thaws out easily in the fridge or in a bowl on the counter. Do not microwave it – that could destroy the nutrients.
When first introducing Longevity Raw Dog Food to a dog, we suggest thawing it for the first time, and then switching to frozen over a couple of days.
Dogs digest raw food differently than they digest kibble. It is our experience that the best way to switch is to go “cold turkey”. Give it a few days as your dog may experience some loose stool initially, but most dogs have firm stool within a day or two, if not right away.
We do not recommend that you mix kibble and raw. Kibble contains starch (to hold it together), and that will result in changing your dog’s pH level. You can actually put your dog at risk of getting sick from bacteria and it can also lessen the amount of nutrition your dog gets from their meals.
Raw bones are excellent to give your dogs. They provide both enjoyment and nutrition. All RAW bones are safe to give your dog. However, never give your dog cooked bones as they can splinter and cause harm.
Our food is routinely laboratory tested to be sure it is free of salmonella and E. coli bacteria. We have tested negative every time!
Every dog is slightly different and you should observe your dog’s weight and make the appropriate adjustments. However, as a guideline see below:
- Puppies: (weaning to 12 months) and pregnant/lactating mothers should receive 5-7% of their body weight. Puppies can often eat twice what an adult dog would eat.
- Adult dogs: (12 months and up) will eat approximately 2% of their ideal body weight. However, depending on your dog’s activity level and age this can vary.
- These calculations are meant only as guidelines and can give you a starting point. You should increase or decrease the food for your dog as needed.
Delivery, Pickup, and Shopping Online
We welcome you to our South Langley location if you would like to pickup your order during our pickup hours. Please note, you do need to place your order online at least 24 hours in advance (and make sure you select “local pickup”) so that you can be assured we have what you need in stock. We would also love it if you can send a quick note to let us know you are coming so that we can be ready for you as we often have our hands full training the dogs!
We are located in South Langley, British Columbia. Address: 24333 12 Avenue, Langley, BC V2Z 1L2. Click here if you need directions.
Spring 2018 Pickup Hours
3:30 pm to 6:30 pm Thursdays
8:30 am to 11:30 am Saturdays
We currently deliver within the Lower Mainland of British Columbia on the following schedule and to the following areas:
- Tuesday: Abbotsford, Chilliwack
- Wednesday: Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Mission
- Thursday: New Westminster, Delta, Richmond
- Friday: Surrey, Langley
- Saturday: Burnaby, Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver
As there is more demand we may expand our shipping area so please tell your friends if you are satisfied!
You can pickup from our training facility in South Langley at no cost (see the FAQ about that if you’re interested). Delivery to all other areas is $5.
We accept e-transfers, credit cards, and good ol’ cash.
What are the benefits of Subscription Service?
Subscription services allows you to have a standing order that is delivered to your door automatically every two weeks, monthly or once every two months. Never again will you open the freezer to find it empty! Subscriptions can be delayed and orders can be amended to add or change products. You are automatically billed through Paypal on a reoccurring basis after your initial signup. You can cancel your subscription at any time with seven days notice. Once you sign up, you will be assigned a regular delivery date, or for those who wish to come and visit us, pick up is also an option.